Friday, June 7, 2013

A Daily Dose: June 7, 2013


052813B-35: Post & Stockton, Union Square, San Francisco, California
©2013 David W. Sumner

Here's one of those images that you never see coming. It wasn't until I scanned this neg and was spotting it that I realized the two figures dead center were near doubles of two very famous photographers.

Of course, a second look and I knew the resemblance was minor, but it's enough for a double take and enough to make me wonder if I experienced some subconscious moment in which I thought, "There they are, snap the shutter now!"

I think those subconscious moments happen often. It's the intuition a photographer develops after long years of practice. It's being instinctively aware of important elements coming together without actually looking at them and understanding the timing of the movement and knowing when to come into it, sensing that split second and adding your "click" to the concerto.

No comments: